Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

What is the most challenging aspect of caring for someone with Parkinson’s disease?

According to new research, many caregivers report that cognitive challenges are the hardest to cope with.

Is this true for you? How have your caregiving challenges changed or evolved (perhaps even worsened) over time? What advice or words of encouragement do you have for new caregivers or caregivers who are going through a rough time?

Karen
      Participant

I find that the the mood or personality swings are the hardest. We don’t see the person that we know and love very often, not even once a day. This is one of the hardest parts.

Ally
      Keymaster

Karen, that is so hard. What do you do when the person in your life lashes out or acts differently? What supports are in place for you? Sending you a virtual hug.

Mary Beth Skylis

As someone who doesn’t live near my Dad (diagnosed in 2013), I find it really difficult to continuously see his decline. His spirits are generally high, and he gives himself mini-jobs to stay occupied. But I find it really hard to see his gradual loss of independence.

Thomas Casten
      Participant

I worry about how to help my wife keep dealing with bills, conversations, and problem solving in a way that does not constantly remind her of the cognitive difficulty problems she faces.  It would often be faster to do the task myself, or tell the story myself than helping her complete the task, but at what cost to her self-esteem.

Tom

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account