• Susan Markush

August 4, 2020 at 5:18 pm

I started sleeping with more and more blankets on me before I was diagnosed- even during the summer. I wonder if I figured out it helped me sleep before I knew the reason. I definitely get a better night sleep with weighted blankets!

Susan

• Jo S.

August 6, 2020 at 2:45 pm

I have a weighted blanket and love it, but not in the summer heat. I’ve always liked having some extra weight on me when I sleep, and it’s especially appreciated now that I have PD. I originally purchased one that was too heavy and couldn’t even lift it off me when I got too hot. We returned it and purchased one that was better suited to my smaller size/weight. Getting one with the right weight is essential.

• Ally

August 6, 2020 at 8:45 pm

Hi Jo and Susan, I sleep with a duvet (even in the summer) which isn’t quite a weighted blanket but I find the little bit of extra weight helps me, too. My dog wears a weighted vest during storms and it helps him feel less anxious. I suspect the duvet has a similar impact on me!

• Jo S.

August 7, 2020 at 6:32 am

The extra weight is definitely calming for me, Ally. Maybe I should get a weighted vest too! 😉