Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

A few months ago we released a flash briefing about how weighted blankets can help people with Parkinson’s get a good night’s sleep. You can listen to it here.

Have you tried sleeping with a weighted blanket, and did it help? For those who haven’t tried sleeping with a weighted blanket, does this idea appeal to you?

Susan Markush
      Participant

I started sleeping with more and more blankets on me before I was diagnosed- even during the summer. I wonder if I figured out it helped me sleep before I knew the reason. I definitely get a better night sleep with weighted blankets!

Susan

Jo S.
      Participant

I have a weighted blanket and love it, but not in the summer heat. I’ve always liked having some extra weight on me when I sleep, and it’s especially appreciated now that I have PD. I originally purchased one that was too heavy and couldn’t even lift it off me when I got too hot. We returned it and purchased one that was better suited to my smaller size/weight. Getting one with the right weight is essential.

Ally
      Keymaster

Hi Jo and Susan, I sleep with a duvet (even in the summer) which isn’t quite a weighted blanket but I find the little bit of extra weight helps me, too. My dog wears a weighted vest during storms and it helps him feel less anxious. I suspect the duvet has a similar impact on me!

Jo S.
      Participant

The extra weight is definitely calming for me, Ally. Maybe I should get a weighted vest too! 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account