Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Vacationing with Parkinson’s

• Krukar

July 10, 2021 at 7:59 pm

In May my wife and I went to Puerto Penesco in Mexico. We drove from our home in Sedona, 5 hours and we were there at that Sea of Cortez in Mexico. It was really fun we had a suite overlooking the ocean for 1 week. Then in June we went to Hawaii. We stayed at our favorite place, the Ilikai in Honolulu. Hawaii involved more walking than I cared for but it was great to see my parents and my sister and her husband. It was taxing to get through the airport because of the virus. I think our best trip was last Week to Phoenix only 120 miles away. We watched our Granddaughter coach her volleyball team from Alaska. We had not seen her in 3 years so it was very fun. Traveling with this condition is harder than before but if I am careful it is very doable but I am slower

• Tom Bailey

July 13, 2021 at 4:11 pm

Booked a flight on Southwest Airlines from Memphis to Boise, ID to officiate a family wedding.   As I was leaving for the airport, Southwest texted “Your flight is cancelled.  You have been rebooked for a flight tomorrow from Memphis to Orlando, FL to Boise.”  My Parkinson’s wouldn’t tolerate 12-hours of flying.  In order to get to the wedding on time I had to purchase a Delta Airline flight to Boise at additional expense.  What I learned is airlines are currently having trouble getting enough pilots and crew members for their flights.  You pays your money and takes your chances!