Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

How has going on vacation changed since you were diagnosed with Parkinson’s? Have you ventured out on any big adventures? How did you and your caregiver/family prepare beforehand to ensure it was an enjoyable experience? Do you have any tips for traveling with PD to share?

Krukar
      Participant

In May my wife and I went to Puerto Penesco in Mexico. We drove from our home in Sedona, 5 hours and we were there at that Sea of Cortez in Mexico. It was really fun we had a suite overlooking the ocean for 1 week. Then in June we went to Hawaii. We stayed at our favorite place, the Ilikai in Honolulu. Hawaii involved more walking than I cared for but it was great to see my parents and my sister and her husband. It was taxing to get through the airport because of the virus. I think our best trip was last Week to Phoenix only 120 miles away. We watched our Granddaughter coach her volleyball team from Alaska. We had not seen her in 3 years so it was very fun. Traveling with this condition is harder than before but if I am careful it is very doable but I am slower

Tom Bailey
      Participant

Booked a flight on Southwest Airlines from Memphis to Boise, ID to officiate a family wedding.   As I was leaving for the airport, Southwest texted “Your flight is cancelled.  You have been rebooked for a flight tomorrow from Memphis to Orlando, FL to Boise.”  My Parkinson’s wouldn’t tolerate 12-hours of flying.  In order to get to the wedding on time I had to purchase a Delta Airline flight to Boise at additional expense.  What I learned is airlines are currently having trouble getting enough pilots and crew members for their flights.  You pays your money and takes your chances!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account