Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Use of infra-red devices

• Use of infra-red devices

Posted by MJoan on April 10, 2024 at 7:33 pm

I am wondering whether anyone has used infra-red devices to help manage their Parkinson’s symptoms. I’m aware there is research about using a helmet with infra-red but has anyone tried other devices on their own? If so, did you have any positive results?

Sherman Paskett replied 1 week, 4 days ago 12 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Barry T

April 11, 2024 at 12:30 pm

I’ve been using the Symbyx device for my head, and the hand held device for my gut for approx 20 weeks. Symbyx say that approx 12 weeks of use before any signs of improvement can be seen. At 6 weeks my sense of smell started to return, and my sleep became uninterrupted for the first time in about 2 years, (I have on average 5 nights sleep a week now) my other symptoms namely constipation and tremors on my left side have, up till now, not benefited me at all. As parkinson’s can ‘present’ itself in about 40 ways, not everyone will get the same result and Symbyx accept that only 70% of users will get some benefit from the equipment.

It is a big risk financially speaking, but for me, a risk I was prepared to take if I can slow down the process of this horrible disease. Finally, do some research and see if it is worth it for you. Good luck

• Miao

April 11, 2024 at 4:30 pm

I just bought the Symbyx helmet, and used it twice only. If you laydown & wear the helmet, there is a nail pushing the back of head, very uncomfortable. I will try to put a small pad next time. For the first month using it, should only use three times per week.

• Meg

April 11, 2024 at 4:45 pm

I did infared therapy in a whole body machine 3 x a week for 12 weeks I had no change in my Parkinson’s symptoms

• MJoan

April 11, 2024 at 5:17 pm

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate your input.

• CKF

April 11, 2024 at 6:00 pm

I have used the celluma pro and the biomat for about 2 years. There are benefits in general but I haven’t seen that either do enough for my PD symptoms to offset the price tag.

But I have used them for back pain relief which the celluma is great for i’ve experienced minimal relief for my dystonia in my hand. I use them because I have them. And I use them 2 to 3 times a week because they’re relaxing and

because I have them.

• MJoan

April 14, 2024 at 7:43 pm

Thanks ckf. My husband frequently has back pain so it would be a benefit to him even if it only helps with tha.

• Therese

April 11, 2024 at 7:01 pm

How many have tried the infrared device

• mary parker

April 17, 2024 at 11:27 am

I have purchased a Symbyx device and too early to tell if the helmet is helping. The hand held PD device has relieved TMJ, painful jaw while chewing. It also relieved shoulder pain. So far I am happy with it.

• Jean1977

April 12, 2024 at 3:47 pm

I use a panel from blue block light company

My sleep is tremendously improved if I use it nightly

I am saving up for the symbx helmet

• MJoan

April 14, 2024 at 7:41 pm

Thanks Jean

• EvaninAZ2024

April 13, 2024 at 12:31 pm

I tried it for a month or so. No impact. I’ve since read and spoken with a couple of movement neurologists and they said there is no reliable research behind it, yet.

• Edward Fritz

April 13, 2024 at 5:35 pm

I bought a Red Rush360 unit recommended by Ari Whitten in his book “The Ultimate Guide to Red Light Therapy.” It has both red light and near-infrared lights at the wavelengths that seem to produce the best results. It has become one of the therapies I try to use regularly, as I do feel noticeably better when I do.

• MJoan

April 14, 2024 at 7:41 pm

Thanks Edward

• MJoan

April 14, 2024 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Evanin

• Jean1977

April 16, 2024 at 3:20 pm

• Eve

April 18, 2024 at 2:33 pm

I have used the SYMBYX hand held for about four months. I also have and use Bemer PEMF therapy mat for one year. I have not noticed any improvement in any of my symptoms. The good news is that I have not seen any symptoms progressions.

Eve

• Sherman Paskett

April 19, 2024 at 1:36 pm

For a little about light therapy 100 years ago, see https://daily.jstor.org/colorful-lights-to-cure-what-ails-you/

I am not a medical person, but I am an engineer and at one point I offended my neurologist by telling him that the only difference between his profession and mine is the type of computers we work on. Mine are silicon-based, his are carbon-based. There is one other difference, though — I know how mine work, he hasn’t figured out how the carbon-based computers work. He didn’t like me much after that.

I don’t want to trigger a firestorm or make it hard on the moderators, so I’ll say no more. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, wisdom is knowing when to keep it to oneself.

To the moderators: This is a great forum. Keep it up and thanks.