Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Research Torso Exercises Help with Parkinson’s Posture Problems

Tagged: , ,

• Torso Exercises Help with Parkinson’s Posture Problems

Posted by forum-moderator on May 29, 2019 at 11:55 am

A study found that torso-focused exercises helped improve posture and balance by reducing the severity of forward stoop in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Click here to read more about this research.

Do you struggle with posture, balance and/or stooping? Are torso exercises part of your routine already? If not, after reading about this research, will you start to incorporate them?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • angela-stephens

May 30, 2019 at 11:57 am

Is there a list of these exercises available? I want to encourage my partner to try them. His posture is quite bad. Thank you.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 12:26 pm

hi Angela, does your partner see a physical therapist?  I would highly recommend he/she have some visits with a P/T to be evaluated by a professional as to what is the best exercise(s) for him/her, or perhaps a certified personal trained.  If you can find a P/T or trainer who works with PD patients, all the better..

• angela-stephens

May 30, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Hi Jean, we have asked for a physio to come out as my partner suffers from agoraphobia but have had no joy as yet. That is why I was asking for a link to the torso exercises so that we can adapt them to his needs.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 7:34 pm

Angela, that is a bummer that he has not been able to see a P/T yet.   How about a personal trainer?   Your next best bet is to google core/torso exercises.  Yoga and Pilates are also good for building core strength.