Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Today is Bell Let's Talk Day

• Today is Bell Let's Talk Day

Posted by ally on January 30, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Today, January 30th, 2019, is Bell Let’s Talk Day in Canada, where I live. In 2010, Bell, a major Canadian telecommunications provider, launched a national public conversation about mental health. When Canadians make phone calls and/or send texts on the Bell network, Bell donates 5 cents to its Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund, which supports community-based initiatives and organizations working to improve the mental health of all Canadians. In recent years, Bell also added that for each time you use the hashtag #BellLetsTalk on Twitter and/or watch/share their official Bell Let’s Talk video on Facebook they will also donate 5 cents to the cause.

The Bell Let’s Talk movement has become an international one, with celebrities as well known as Ellen DeGeneres, Celine Dion and Justin Bieber jumping on board to spread the message that mental health IS health, mental health matters, and it’s important to reach out for help when you need it.

Mental health has come up a few times in this forum. Some members are struggling with their mental health. While this forum isn’t a replacement for professional help, it is supposed to be a supportive community. I’m wondering though, do you know of any good, reputable and helpful online resources we can direct folks to when they’re struggling? Maybe online counselling or helpful videos?

If you’re participating in Bell Let’s Talk today, thank you! I work for an organization that has received funding from the Community Fund that has allowed us to help children and youth who are struggling with their mental health. It means a lot to see so many people rallying around this important cause — one that really does affect everyone.

ally replied 5 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.