Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Tips for living well with Parkinson’s in 2022

• Tips for living well with Parkinson’s in 2022

Posted by ally on January 20, 2022 at 7:14 pm

What does ‘living well with Parkinson’s’ mean to you?

A whole new year is ahead of us, and Parkinson’s News Today columnist Lori DePorter has some tips to help you live well with Parkinson’s in 2022. Click here to listen to her column as a flash briefing.

What tips would you add to this list? What are you planning on continuing from 2021, and what do you hope to change or try for the first time this year?

lori-deporter replied 2 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • john-proios

January 29, 2022 at 7:58 am

In 2022, I plan on continuing to eat a super healthy ORGANIC Vegan diet. Here’s my ingredients for my 1st & main cold meal.Simply mix and eat:

1/2 Cup Food For Life-Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted
    Grain Cereal-Golden Flax*8g.
    2 cups cold Edensoy Soy Milk*20g

https://store.edenfoods.com/original-edensoy-extra-organic/

1-2 cups Wild Frozen Blueberries.
    1.0 Cup Frozen Blackberries or Raspberries.
    0.5 Cups cold Applesauce or 1 Banana*1g.
    2TBS Walnuts*3g.
    1TBS Flaxseed*2g.
    1TBS Pumpkin seeds*1g.
    2TBS Sunflower seeds*3g.
    3TBS Hemp seeds*10g.
    1TBS Cacao nibs.
    1/2tsp Cinnamon.
    1/2TBS Tumeric.
    1/4tsp Ground Cloves. Edenfoods.
    1/4tsp Ground Nigella sativa L. (Black Cumin
    Seeds)
    1/2tsp Indian Gooseberries. Powdered Amla.
    2TBS Paradise Greens Powder*4gm
    *Grams of Protein. Only one 2 Quart bowl to clean.

New in 2022, I am adding Roasted ORGANIC Mixed Frozen veggies as my second Meal. Only two meals a day.Roast in Oven at 375-400 degrees F
    for 45-60 minutes in a 2-4 quart low baking dish. An 8”x8” dish fits in most toaster ovens. Add spices you love and eat. Roasted veggies are my favorite veggies! One baking dish to clean.

• susan-watkins

February 1, 2022 at 3:17 pm

2 times a week I go to pt. I have an exercise bike, treadmill and almost everyother piece of equipment needed. I had very bad balance issues and within a year I was doing single leg squats on the balance board. I notice when I am inactive I have more pain in my groan and legs. I also try to walk the dog everyday. I also picked up my guitar and started playing again which is very soothing to me as I don’t sweat messing up, it is just another activity that uses finer motor skills. Diet is going to improve this year thats for sure but not vegan just more fish and vegetables.

• lori-deporter

February 4, 2022 at 2:53 am

Awesome tips! And I too feel much better on the days I exercise!