Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Therapies and Medications Sinemet backordered since January 2019 in NY

• Sinemet backordered since January 2019 in NY

Posted by Deleted User on May 21, 2019 at 8:54 am

In Long Island, NY, all he major chains (CVS, Walgreens, RIte-Aid) and independent drug stores have not been able to order Sinemet brand name drug for several months and have no clue as to when it will become available.  Do you take brand name Sinemet?  If so, have you had a problem getting refills?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ally

May 21, 2019 at 4:02 pm

That’s frustrating for everyone who relies on that drug! Do you have any idea why this happened? Does this affect you personally, Jean?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      May 21, 2019 at 6:32 pm

yes ally, i cannot take generic as i get very nauseous.

I called manufacturer, Merck, and was read a prepared statement that said in so many words, one of their  suppliers ran out of some ingredients.  Merck has no estimate as to when they will be selling 25/100 tablets again.  This is not mentioned on their website or any place else on the web. I saw some things about Sinemet CR having shortage issues, but not Sinemet.
      This is a problem in Europe, Canada and Australia as well..
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 21, 2019 at 4:39 pm

I use brand name sinemet so far no shortage here I the Midwest. Sorry to hear you have problems there hopefully it will be resolved soon!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      May 21, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Hi Marcus, when was last time you had your prescription filled?  If you can stock up, I would recommend it.

I called manufacturer, Merck, and was read a prepared statement that said in so many words, one of their  suppliers ran out of some ingredients.  Merck has no estimate as to when they will be selling 25/100 tablets again.  This is not mentioned on their website or any place else on the web. I saw some things about Sinemet CR having shortage issues, but not Sinemet.
      This is a problem in Europe, Canada and Australia as well..