Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Argya Bayuaji
      Participant

How to manage non-motor symptoms like depression, anxiety, sleep disturbance ect in Parkinson’s DIsease?

Carolyn Byrom
      Participant

I have severe itching on my head with no scaling or flakes and severe itching in my ears  especially when I go to bed.  Anyone else have this problem?

Bart Salop
        Participant

Depression i handle with small amounts of smoking Pot. Always improves my mood. Not much helps my runny nose. a nose drop for dry noses (believe it or not) is the closest to a little help. i too have a head that itches. i do have dandruff from it. Fatigue Fatigue Fatigue. My worst. I also have much apathy connected to my fatigue.I take Escotralapram. we are considering trying something else. i have to talk to my Neurologist.

Bart Salop
        Participant

Depression i handle with small amounts of smoking Pot. Always improves my mood. Not much helps my runny nose. a nose drop for dry noses (believe it or not) is the closest to a little help. i too have a head that itches. i do have dandruff from it. Fatigue Fatigue Fatigue. My worst. I also have much apathy connected to my fatigue.I take Escotralapram. we are considering trying something else. i have to talk to my Neurologist.

Gale Dowd
      Participant

I have on LevoCarb from 2010 when first diagnosed until now.The med has worked well although the strength and time is needing adjustment.My problem(s?) lie with my stomach ! I take my 1st. meds at 6am / breakfast at 7 to 7:30 am and approx.1 hr later I have a build -up gas / bloating and nausea.( next meds at 9:15 / 3 hrs and 15 min. Intervals ) This can last from 1 to 1 and 1/2 hrs and unable to walk / talk /heavy drooling and shortness of breath. This can happen after lunch and after the dinner meal / about 7 pm. This condition can happen several times a day or not at all / the good days ! I have contacted a nutritionist and will be following suggested foods to avoid, etc. Are there others having this problem ?
      Gale

Troy
      Participant

I deal with depression, anxiety and sleep disturbances. I am taking mirapex (along with the l-dopa) to help with the acting out of dreams, and ever since I started the mirapex, I haven’t noticed much depression. Still dealing with anxiety, though.

Also have skin issues (sebum/seborrhoeic dermatitis), which a dermatologist is tending to with a few additional prescriptions.

Don
      Participant

I feel very fortunate in having no depression nor anxiety but after reading Gale’s reply breathlessness that I have attributed to asthma may be PD. Is it another of the myriad of symptoms?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account