Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Neuro Protective Benefits of Coffee with EHT

• Neuro Protective Benefits of Coffee with EHT

Posted by christina on January 7, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Does anyone please have a recommendation for the best source of Organic coffee with a high amount of EHT?  EHT is the waxy coating on the bean.  I am asking because I have read from a few sources that coffee is neuroprotective which lead me to a Rutger’s University study published in 2018 stating that it is important to have adequate levels of the EHT combined with the caffeine.  If no one has already found a resource for this, I will research and get back with what I find but it would be nice of course to not research what someone else has already devoted time to.

christina replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • tekisui

January 12, 2021 at 4:12 pm

Hi, Christina. Thanks for turning me on to the idea; it may be of some help to the relative I care for.

I checked the organic coffee I buy (and really like) but am unable to determine its EHT content. Or any other coffee’s. But I did come across a supplement called Nerium EHT that claims to contain EHT.

An idea: if it is not possible to get reliable info on any given coffee’s EHT content, and if (unlike so many supplements) Nerium EHT contains what it is supposed to contain, and if the synergistic effect of caffeine + EHT does not depend on a specific ratio of caffeine to EHT (I guess the Rutgers study would have specified; I haven’t read it)… maybe popping one of those while drinking coffee would be worth the expense?

• christina

January 19, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Hi Joel,  Thank you for sharing this idea!  I will research it and hope to add it to my arsenal!