• Susan Schlager

January 31, 2024 at 9:56 am

I too would like to know more about Macuna Pruriens, especially the dosing.

• Shaun

February 16, 2024 at 8:48 am

Read down through the comments. I posted more there. 😀

• Shaun

January 31, 2024 at 12:18 pm

We have been working with a natural path Dr treating my husbands Parkinsons. We started an amino acid treatment, developed by Dr.Marty Hinz, who treated John Gray, the author of Men are from Venus, Women from Mars and other nutritional type books. Our Dr. is Dr. Chad Oler out of Madison Wisconsin. We started working with Dr. Chad in May of 2023. We did not like the ‘treatment’ options by our neurologist, so we chose this path. It is the best decision we ever made with phenomenal results. To go back, my husband had a left arm/hand uncontrollable tremor that was getting worse as time went on. He had started a lip tremble and even drooling. Was having swallowing issues. He shuffled his left foot. He sometimes had a blank stare like he wasn’t thinking clearly. Jump to today, after working with different dosing, and finally reaching the proper amount of Mucuna, Tyrosine, NeuroReplete, CysReplete, Methyl Support, and vitamin B3, we have nearly come full circle. It has taken about 8 months, so far, and we’re still doing little tweaks, to find the exact best dosing. We have done all this via telephone with Dr. Chad based on our conversations regarding symptoms, changes, and my husbands overall reaction to the therapy. He no longer has the crazy wiggle/tremor in his left hand. We are down to minor twitches he can control at any time. His lip tremble is gone. His drooling is gone. Swallowing is not near the issue it was. No shuffling of the left foot. And he is more cognitive, and back to his usual self before the diagnosis. It is not cheap, however, if you can’t buy your health, what else matters. I figure my husband has worked his entire life, and if this is what we spend our money on, then it is well worth it. We took our annual visit to the Neurologist that we were seeing, and he was in awe of the reverse in symptoms. He had not heard of what we are doing, although I am not surprised, as many Dr.’s have told us that they are only trained in pharmaceuticals, not natural treatments. I watched the Neurologist’s face as he asked my husband to walk, balance exercises, strength tests, etc. He was speechless. I don’t know why this treatment isn’t being suggested to the many Parkinson’s patients out there. I wanted to wait to see how our results were before I posted here. We bought e-bikes last year (since my hubby was riding less of his motorcycles) and we go everywhere. His balance is great. He’s strong. We exercise regularly in our home gym, and eat a good diet. All of those things made him a good candidate to pursue this therapy. He was a light beer drinker, but gave that up to give this therapy his full attention. He’s lost 10 lbs (that he didn’t need to), and has even dropped off one of his blood pressure medicines. All in all, I cannot imagine where he would be if we didn’t do this therapy. He has to take these supplements the rest of his life, but there is no doubt that is it well worth the extra steps each day, to have him back to normal. My only wish is that the insurance companies would recognize this as an acceptable therapy that works, and would help cover the cost of the supplements, instead of the pharmaceutical drugs they push instead.

• Beth T Browne

February 11, 2024 at 5:14 pm

Shawn. Just read your story. Amazing. I am 87 this month. Diagnosed in June of 2020. I have tremors in right hand that come and go. I live alone. Sleep and not caring about eating have been a big problem. I do not take any of the drugs recommended for Parkinson. My walk is not what it use to be, but I do not use a cane, etc. I have lost short term memory. Most people do not know I have Parkinson, but I know. I take Juice Plus that works for any constipation.

I have been taking Dopa Mucuna since 2020. Two tablets daily, 920 mg. Is this similar to the Mucuna you take? I have been taking 500mg of B1. I read on one of the sites two guys taking this and they sore it helped a lot. I have not read or heard about B3. How much of that do you take? I have no idea with those other items you are taking. Are they pills?

Does Dr. Oler take insurance or just cash?

I appreciate your response, and I am so thrilled for you and thank you so much for posting this information.

Beth T Browne

• Anne Boggs

February 13, 2024 at 3:17 pm

Good Afternoon Shaun,

May I ask how long has your husband been diagnosed with Parkinson? and how long did he try Mucuna Puriens. Thank you

• RCH

February 14, 2024 at 1:24 pm

Shaun. Great post. I am very interested in this. I am from Georgia as well. I am a 60 year old male, was diagnosed with PD over a year ago and have almost identical symptoms as your husband had. I would like to be able to talk with you if possible. My email address is [email protected] . Thanks Randy

• Shaun

February 16, 2024 at 8:58 am

I believe my husbands PD came about due to head trauma from a motorcycle accident that happened in 09/2017. Broke both arms. Noticed the shaking in 2019. Kind of knew what it was, but Dr confirmed with an abnormal dopamine test. It progressed slowly, so we weighed our options. Tried a couple prescriptions for about 6 weeks each in 2020 with no noticeable difference and decided that since it was only treating the symptoms, not the disease, what was the point? So we just did nothing until a friend told me to check out John Grey’s journey through the same. That brought me to Dr. Chad Oler. We started this amino acid therapy in May of 2023.

• Doro

February 1, 2024 at 2:10 pm

Thank you for this informative and uplifting msg!

• Vonda Mullins

February 1, 2024 at 3:39 pm

As well, I do the supplements, exercise and healthy diet, resulting in very mild symptoms. Taking the stress out of my life, was very necessary., as well. After being diagnosed 2 years ago, I feel very mentally and physically strong. It takes work and discipline, but your well-being is very worth it.

• Tina

February 1, 2024 at 3:56 pm

Shaun,

We looked into Mucuna Pruriens and said something to my husband’s neurologist about it. He just about lost his mind! They are not there to help cure or relieve, especially if it has anything to do with natural remedies. They are there to push medications and continue to increase the meds. Are you using Mucuna Pruriens alone or with other natural remedies? If using alone, what is the dosage, type, etc. Do you use it with Phamaceuticals, Sinemet particularly? I’m very interested what exactly has helped your husband as far as natural remedies. Does he take any pharmaceuticals with the natural stuff?

• Shaun

February 1, 2024 at 4:25 pm

I listed all of the things my husband takes in my post. He does not take any other PD meds. He takes one blood pressure med and we do just regular supplements, like zinc, vit E, magnesium, probiotic, turmeric, etc. The best way to get more info is to contact Dr. Chad Oler. We have done all of this over the phone (not even a ZOOM call) and have never even met him in person. We have gotten to know Dr. Chad over the last 8 months and put our full trust in him. If you go to his website, at http://www.naturalpathcenter.com, you will find links with all kinds of information. This is the route I went. You will fill out a questionnaire to see if you are even a good candidate for the treatment. It is called Amino Acid Therapy. The basis of it is, in PD your neurons start dying. They stop transmitting information like they used to. With this therapy, you are basically feeding your remaining neurons the necessary supplements to help boost the existing neurons and the neurotransmitters. We take a specific DBS test every few months to check how his neurotransmitters are receiving information. All this is done under the guidance of Dr. Chad Oler. I’m sure there are other Dr.’s out there that are trained to do this. If they studied under Dr. Marty Hinz, they also know the treatment plan. We live in Georgia, and Dr. Chad is in Wisconsin. I am going to plan a trip soon to go meet him in person to thank him for all his guidance and getting my husband to where he is today. If you have any other questions I can answer, Id be happy to. Do your research. Read all that is involved and/or call them and ask questions. Dr. Chad is a wealth of information.

• QiDoc10

February 16, 2024 at 12:23 pm

My husband was diagnosed with post viral Parkinsonism after a bout with Covid in February 2022. Although he had suspicious RSD symptoms for about 10 years prior to the Covid infection he was still working as a professional musician with no other symptoms. I am an alternative health care practitioner so I have some background in treating health issues naturally and when the symptoms started to show up I started looking into more natural ways of treating his condition. The neurologist was not happy we decided to go this route but encouraged us to try for 6 months. He has now stopped pushing the medication and allowing us to figure this out on our own. While the symptoms have improved dramatically there still work to be done. More recently we’ve been adding some amino acid therapy with good results in addition to the mucina purines and other supplements he’s been taking. Thank you, Shaun, for the information about Dr Olin, he will be my next step.

• Shaun

February 20, 2024 at 3:50 pm

I hope you find what works for you. Having Dr Chad explain so much to us was so great! We are so pleased with the results we got. We’re still ‘tweaking’ with minute changes, but overall it has been very effective.