Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression Motor and Non-Motor Features of Parkinson's Disease

• Motor and Non-Motor Features of Parkinson's Disease

Posted by Ally on October 16, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Hi everyone, today I read this article, which talks about how specific motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease have a corresponding cognitive profile, with the tremor-dominant type being associated with less severe cognitive decline.

I’m curious to know how this study’s findings match up with your own personal experience. How do motor and non-motor symptoms play out in your life?  Do you experience tremors as part of your PD symptoms? Have you noticed any decline in your cognitive abilities?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    October 16, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Interesting question.  I do not have tremors, however, just recently, I have noticed some minor declines in my cognitive abilities.   I wonder if it is just related to age or PD…

• Ally

October 17, 2018 at 9:46 am

Hmm I wonder if there is a test that can help you tell the difference?

• Natalie

October 22, 2018 at 11:12 pm

I was dx 9 yrs ago and have not noticed any cognitive decline. I do not have tremors.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      October 23, 2018 at 7:21 am

Hi Natalie, that is encouraging for me to hear.  We all have such different symptoms and progress differently.  What are your most bothersome PD symptoms?  MIne are extreme fatigue, poor fine motor skills, bradykinesia and poor balance and just generally feeling terrible.