Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ally
      Keymaster

Hi everyone, today I read this article, which talks about how specific motor symptoms in Parkinson’s disease have a corresponding cognitive profile, with the tremor-dominant type being associated with less severe cognitive decline.

I’m curious to know how this study’s findings match up with your own personal experience. How do motor and non-motor symptoms play out in your life?  Do you experience tremors as part of your PD symptoms? Have you noticed any decline in your cognitive abilities?

Jean Mellano
      Participant

Interesting question.  I do not have tremors, however, just recently, I have noticed some minor declines in my cognitive abilities.   I wonder if it is just related to age or PD…

Ally
        Keymaster

Hmm I wonder if there is a test that can help you tell the difference?

Natalie
      Participant

I was dx 9 yrs ago and have not noticed any cognitive decline. I do not have tremors.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

Hi Natalie, that is encouraging for me to hear.  We all have such different symptoms and progress differently.  What are your most bothersome PD symptoms?  MIne are extreme fatigue, poor fine motor skills, bradykinesia and poor balance and just generally feeling terrible.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account