• Mental Health Check-in

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 24, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all staying safe and healthy.

So I just wanted to do a mental health check-in. Obviously it’s a stressful time, but how’s everyone doing mentally and emotionally? For me, I’m just trying to take things day by day. I’m keeping a lockdown journal, reading, watching movies, calling friends and family, and going outside in our front yard. This past month has definitely been a series of ups and downs, but I’m especially grateful for my health during this pandemic.

Do you have any tips for taking care of your mental health during this time?

mary-klein-john-klein replied 3 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • mary-klein-john-klein

April 28, 2020 at 7:26 pm

We are hanging in there and breathing a sigh of relief that the weather is finally becoming much more pleasant here in Southern Ontario.  There is nothing fun about going out for walks with a cold, biting wind howling at you!  Having a large breed dog to walk definitely encourages us to be outdoors for daily walks.  The whole neighbourhood is out working in their yards so there is always someone on the street to chat with from a distance.  Hoping this will all pass sooner than later!  Thank goodness we aren’t in the middle of January and stuck indoors.  Our Rock Steady Boxing grout is meeting 3x a week on-line via Zoom.  The coaches walk everyone through their fitness regime and it’s working out great.  It’s another way to connect with all the members and see how everyone is doing.