• Kenneth

September 25, 2023 at 3:09 pm

Jamie’s column offers valuable insights on managing stress for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and their caregivers. Her personal experience adds authenticity to the suggestions. To complement her list, I’d recommend incorporating regular physical activity, like the wall ball workout mentioned in the article at https://betterme.world/articles/wall-ball-workout/. Exercise can significantly reduce stress and improve overall well-being for both patients and caregivers. It’s a powerful tool often underestimated in stress management.

• Ally

September 27, 2023 at 3:42 pm

Kenneth, I couldn’t agree more! Being active is one of my go-to stress relievers. It doesn’t always have to be strenuous or time consuming activity either, as you’ve highlighted in your post. Thanks for this important reminder about the stress-relieving benefits of moving one’s body. 🙂

• Lori DePorter

November 5, 2023 at 8:53 pm

https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/columns/finding-peace/<div&gt;
    </div><div>Finding peace can be challenging, but mindfulness and meditation gets the job done! Check out my column on some suggestions and tips finding peace in this chaotic world!</div>

• Sussan Thomas

November 21, 2023 at 5:15 am

Reading (fiction), meditation. Sometimes exercising, even though I’m a bit lazy for that.

• Mary Beth Skylis

November 21, 2023 at 4:11 pm

What kind of fiction? Are you reading anything right now?

• Sussan Thomas

November 22, 2023 at 5:59 am

Right now, I’m reading In cold blood, by Truman Capote. Never had the chance to read it earlier. I can read almost any fiction. Besides romance novels, never liked them. My favorite books are Harry Potter. All of them.

• Ally

November 22, 2023 at 1:23 pm

Thanks for responding, Sussan. What do you think of In Cold Blood so far? It’s been on my to-be-read list for awhile. I haven’t gotten the hang of meditation (yet) – I think I’m too fidgety, which probably means I need to try it all the more. I tend to view my time exercising as mindfulness in motion though!

• Sussan Thomas

November 23, 2023 at 4:36 am

The book is very good. I can see why it’s so popular. There are a lot of details, a lot of thoughts from various characters. I’ll even watch the movie after reading it.
        Yes, you need time to get the hang of meditation. I, too, had a bit of problems with it at the beginning. Yeah, I think exercising is a part of mindfulness. Meditation and exercising are connected.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 23, 2023 at 12:10 pm

Often my friends distract me from stress, however, I started to fight stress thanks to pills. I buy them here https://www.canadadrugsdirect.com/pharmacy-partner . I think this problem will disappear soon!

• Ally

November 28, 2023 at 8:39 am

Hi pollies, my friends are a great source of stress relief, too. What are some of your favourite ways to spend time with your friends?