Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Diet and Exercise How do you manage mobility issues?

• How do you manage mobility issues?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on March 16, 2022 at 10:17 am

Every morning, my dad gets up and does an hour-long stretching routine to get his muscles working more efficiently. It seems to help him maintain a greater range of motion. But some days are still worse than others. How do you manage mobility issues? Do you maintain a stretching routine? What other strategies have helped?

Krukar replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Krukar

March 18, 2022 at 9:00 pm

Mary Beth,

Like your Dad I try to exercise every morning with various on-line exercises particularly LSVT and other balance routines. I also like to do a little bit of weights. We also like to walk to coffee. Some times I am less inclined but it has become a habit in my life. I think that PwP’s can have days that are harder than others. For me that is a part of being 65. We just can keep trying. Thanks for the reminder. Blessings, Mike

• Krukar

April 26, 2022 at 6:58 pm

Mary Beth

I have also added Qui Gong to my regimen combined with accupuncture. It is a new variation that seems to work pretty well. My new Physical therapist is all for it. For me it helps to have supportive therapists. So we are all ‘rowing’ in the same direction. I try  and stretch every day. Blessings ,Mike