Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

Parkinson’s is infamous for being difficult to diagnose. Since the symptoms vary so widely, it can be difficult to determine just what it is. And I’ve heard that the wide variety of symptoms can contribute to a misdiagnosis. Have you experienced a misdiagnosis? If so, how did you determine that it was the wrong diagnosis?

Donna R-M
      Participant

YES!

My father had Essential Tremors. When I started experiencing tremors the MDS ordered a DATSCAN. The scan said my dopamine was fine, I wasn’t exhibiting any of the other symptoms, so it must be ET.

We spent 18+ months trying meds for ET. None worked.

Finally, put me on c/l, to treat me to symptoms instead of dx. Works great!

Cemal
      Participant

I have misdiagnosed during 10 years…

My most-discomfort complaint was right whole leg pain and ache,

a lot of examine by nourologist, EMG and MRI SCAN, during 10 years i searched my real diagnose !

Docs says these were calling stucking nerve syndrome, meralgia paresthetica etc.
      after all, i sense bradykinesia my right hand’s fingers, diagnose was clear about PD.

But i think these misdiagnoses give me 10 years free – without PD, i was lucky for that, i was upset and worry if i knew real diagnose

kevinon
      Participant

I was first diagnosed with MS.   Later APS, a clotting disorder similar to Lupus.  Then lastly with Parkinson’s.  The DAT scan confirmed it.   But MRI confirmed MS and blood tests confirmed APS.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account