Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Diet and Exercise Have in-person Parkinson’s fitness classes re-opened in your community?

• Have in-person Parkinson’s fitness classes re-opened in your community?

Posted by Ally on March 15, 2022 at 8:49 pm

Have in-person Parkinson’s fitness classes re-opened in your community? If they have, do you feel comfortable attending again, or are you waiting a bit longer? What kinds of precautions do they have in place to keep participants safe?

If in-person fitness classes haven’t yet re-opened, how are you staying active on your own at home?

Marlene Donnelly replied 2 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Krukar

March 15, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Hi Ally,

I began my journey with Parkinson’s 8/2020. Right in the middle of the Pandemic. I use on-line exercise routines that I do on my deck in Sedona, Arizona. Particularly I use an LSVT routine and several other balance and exercise routines. Every 2 weeks I get a 1 hour massage, we also have an exercise bike on our deck that I use when my wife does her routine. We also walk lots.

Parkinson’s has really forced me to do some targeted exercise which are more consistent than before.   Blessings, Mike

• Emily Hoffman

March 17, 2022 at 2:38 pm

The are  open. I take/took Big and Loud. I improved in each class.

• Marlene Donnelly

March 17, 2022 at 9:31 pm

Though I haven’t taken PD fitness classes, I have been taking T’ai Chi, Yoga, and Arthritis Exercise classes, all geared for seniors, and all have been a help.  None are back in person yet, but they all are on Zoom – same instructors at the same times and days.  I use my guest bedroom for these classes, and have been able to keep going throughout the pandemic.