Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Family and ​Caregivers​ Gift ideas for caregivers

Tagged: 

• Gift ideas for caregivers

Posted by Ally on December 20, 2023 at 8:31 am

Christmas is just a few days away, and so I’m wondering, if you are a caregiver (family, friend or professional) what would you appreciate most as a Christmas gift this year? What is the most memorable or best gift you’ve ever received from someone you were caring for?

Ally replied 3 weeks, 3 days ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Alfred Kramer

March 27, 2024 at 4:09 pm

See, caregiving can be exhausting, both physically and emotionally. Having a pillow customized just for me, with maybe a comforting quote or a picture that meant something special, made those moments of rest feel like a warm hug. It wasn’t just about the pillow itself, but the thought and effort put into making something uniquely mine.

• Alfred Kramer

March 29, 2024 at 5:49 am

As someone who’s been both a caregiver and on the receiving end of care, I can totally relate to your dilemma. One of the most thoughtful gifts I ever received was a https://www.giftlab.com/collections/custom-pillow . Sounds simple, right? But let me tell you, it was a game-changer. See, caregiving can be exhausting, both physically and emotionally. Having a pillow customized just for me, with maybe a comforting quote or a picture that meant something special, made those moments of rest feel like a warm hug. It wasn’t just about the pillow itself, but the thought and effort put into making something uniquely mine.

• Ally

April 3, 2024 at 7:45 pm

This is a very practical and thoughtful gift idea. Thanks for sharing, Alfred. How was yours customized?