Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Barbara Ernest
      Participant

My daughter in law is a neurologist and suggested I try Dopatropic as an over the counter supplement for my PD. It was recommended by another neurologist colleague of hers. Has anyone tried it. I am taking it twice daily with my morning and noon meds. Because of Covid 19, I have not seen my regular neurologist to discuss its use.

Beth
      Participant

Hi, I take Mucuna Pruriens (which is what dopatropic is) in the evening after my regular last dose of Carbidopa-Levodopa in order to be able to still walk around. My neurologist doesn’t like me to do this but I feel desperate and need to be active in the evening.
      I have found that there is a good deal of variation in the strength of Mucuna Pruriens and a brand that I can rely on is Barlowe’s Herbal Elixirs (Brown Indian) Extract 650mg. I take one capsule and it helps me for at least 4 hours.
      I have tried Banyan brand Mucuna and it did nothing for me at all even when I doubled the dose, which I tried several times.

Barbara Ernest
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. My daughter in law who I mentioned is a neurologist recommended not taking after 4pm as it might cause sleep issues. I take a combination of regular carbidopa-levadopa and the ER version 3 times a day plus two ER at bedtime. I recently read about the study recommending not taking my PD meds at meal time. So i take the dopatropic with my meds a half hour minimum before,breakfast and an hour after lunch. Have not tried in the evening. I take a 1/2 tsp in juice.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account