Tagged: ,

• debbie-mcdaniel

October 7, 2021 at 2:56 pm

I use two systems.

One is Medical Guardian which I wear on a lanyard around my neck  If I fall I can press  button and I get to talk to some who will send the firemen out to help me get up  ( I can’t get up from the floor on my own  )

The  other system I use is my Apple Watch which will send out the Calvary if I fall-I don’t get to talk to anyone when I use my watch. It just recognizes that I have fallen and sends out help which could helpful if I lost consciousness.

I figure that between the two systems I’m covered for all falls!

• orlando-jack

October 13, 2021 at 7:52 am

Is there a device that detects when a person who does not fall but passes out and becomes  unconscious? I have not anything that detects that possibility.

• mary-beth-skylis

October 27, 2021 at 12:16 pm

Orlando, I haven’t personally heard of a device like that. But it may exist. That sounds like a really scary symptom to face.

• tom-violand

October 8, 2021 at 10:23 am

I also use the Apple Watch (series 5).  I ride my 10 speed road bike for 9-10 winding miles a day in my suburban neighborhood. I have some balance issues and twice have taken a fall hard enough to cause a call to my cell phone to ask me if I needed assistance. Fortunately I was OK and was able to tell them I didn’t need help, and thanked them. This is supposed to work anywhere  on planet Earth, I know that it works well in Southern California.

• beth-t-browne

October 12, 2021 at 2:33 pm

I am 84.  Have not fallen yet.  I have osteoporosis and bones are not good.  I took all those things that were suppose to help you since I was in late 50’s and my bones are still bad.  I started Prolia, as it has helped my 62 yr old doctor to the point she can stop it.  I had a two shots, a year’s worth, and my hair was falling out badly, and my back hurt all the time.  So, I stopped it.  I just finishd a Balance Class.  I need to exercise daily, but having a hard time.  Seems I have so many things going.  I live alone, so there is washing, light cleaning, bills to pay, grocery shopping, solving problems it seems.  Hard to find good doctors where I moved to 3 yrs ago.  I try to use the treadmill in our gym daily, but am not disciplined enough yet.  Working on it.  I have floor and other exercises. They just started a class here on strength and balance today, and I forgot it.  Darn. I have a series 6 watch that detects falls.

• maynard

October 28, 2021 at 4:41 pm

I want a device with a button that my wife can press that will call my cell phone.