Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mary Beth Skylis

As Parkinson’s progresses, it isn’t uncommon for PWP to struggle with falls. I worry about my dad falling when no one is at home, and we don’t yet have a security system in place to confront this issue. Do you use an alarm system? If so, has it been helpful? If not, why not?

Debbie McDaniel
      Participant

I use two systems.

One is Medical Guardian which I wear on a lanyard around my neck  If I fall I can press  button and I get to talk to some who will send the firemen out to help me get up  ( I can’t get up from the floor on my own  )

The  other system I use is my Apple Watch which will send out the Calvary if I fall-I don’t get to talk to anyone when I use my watch. It just recognizes that I have fallen and sends out help which could helpful if I lost consciousness.

I figure that between the two systems I’m covered for all falls!

Orlando Jack
        Participant

Is there a device that detects when a person who does not fall but passes out and becomes  unconscious? I have not anything that detects that possibility.

Tom Violand
      Participant

I also use the Apple Watch (series 5).  I ride my 10 speed road bike for 9-10 winding miles a day in my suburban neighborhood. I have some balance issues and twice have taken a fall hard enough to cause a call to my cell phone to ask me if I needed assistance. Fortunately I was OK and was able to tell them I didn’t need help, and thanked them. This is supposed to work anywhere  on planet Earth, I know that it works well in Southern California.

Beth T Browne
      Participant

I am 84.  Have not fallen yet.  I have osteoporosis and bones are not good.  I took all those things that were suppose to help you since I was in late 50’s and my bones are still bad.  I started Prolia, as it has helped my 62 yr old doctor to the point she can stop it.  I had a two shots, a year’s worth, and my hair was falling out badly, and my back hurt all the time.  So, I stopped it.  I just finishd a Balance Class.  I need to exercise daily, but having a hard time.  Seems I have so many things going.  I live alone, so there is washing, light cleaning, bills to pay, grocery shopping, solving problems it seems.  Hard to find good doctors where I moved to 3 yrs ago.  I try to use the treadmill in our gym daily, but am not disciplined enough yet.  Working on it.  I have floor and other exercises. They just started a class here on strength and balance today, and I forgot it.  Darn. I have a series 6 watch that detects falls.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account