Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Do you see yourself as disabled?

• Do you see yourself as disabled?

Posted by Ally on April 22, 2019 at 3:28 pm

As Parkinson’s progresses, you can lose your ability to move easily, feed yourself, and even live alone. This is very frustrating and can be depressing, especially when “normal” life activities like driving and cooking seem to be snatched away. With this in mind, do you see yourself as disabled? Or do you view Parkinson’s in a different category altogether?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Lou Hevly

April 30, 2019 at 11:25 am

Not yet. But I don’t know how I’d be without meds. I can still touch type, run up the stairs, walk fast, balance on one foot for 60 seconds…
    However, I know I’ll only get worse as time goes on, so disability is right around the corner.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 30, 2019 at 5:18 pm

I think that is what frightens me the most about this disease…it will get worse as time goes on.  🙁

• Lou Hevly

May 1, 2019 at 5:51 am

But you can handle it, right? Because you’re Jean Mellano and no stupid f***ing disease is going to beat you down!! (Pardon my French)

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 1, 2019 at 8:25 am

I am sure you know Lou for yourself, some days I handle better  than other days.