Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression Do you notice that your symptoms worsen at particular times?

Tagged: ,

• Do you notice that your symptoms worsen at particular times?

Posted by mary-beth-skylis on December 23, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Everyone’s medication cycle seems to be unique to their Parkinson’s experience. But I know that my Dad experiences a lot of waves. Do you notice that your symptoms worsen at particular times? Is stress a significant component? Do you keep a journal to track changes?

William R replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • cribare1

December 24, 2020 at 2:17 pm

Hi, My husband has young onset Parkinson’s. We’ve noticed his symptoms are worse when a low front moves in and the rain stays for days. It pretty much brings out the worst of his dyskinesia and dystonia, along with general sluggishness. We live in Georgia, so with the wet winters we really have to make sure we keep close tabs on how he’s feeling and adjust his rytary and neupro (dopamine agonist) doses. It is constant vigilance for both of us.

-Christine

• William R

December 24, 2020 at 5:44 pm

It seems the more tired I become or as the evening wears on my symptoms become worse. The symptoms I am referring to are speech problems, incoordination, and balance.