Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content Flash Briefings and Podcasts Do you listen to any Parkinson’s-specific books or podcasts?

Tagged: ,

• Do you listen to any Parkinson’s-specific books or podcasts?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on September 18, 2023 at 11:34 am

Learning makes me feel like I’m better equipped to handle the stressors of my life. The more I know about potential challenges, the more secure I feel. For this reason, I often turn to books and podcasts to provide insight into my latest challenges. And I wonder if I’m not alone in this strategy. 

Do you listen to any Parkinson’s-specific books or podcasts? If so, which ones? If not, why not?

Maria in KY replied 7 months, 1 week ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • RicH

September 19, 2023 at 2:08 pm

I’ve recently started listening to this podcast, and it has a great balance of information and humor from a husband-and-wife team going through their PD journey: https://www.parkinson.ca/resources/when-life-gives-you-parkinsons-presented-by-parkinson-canada/

• John Wick

September 19, 2023 at 2:08 pm

I listen to any podcast that occurs. i also read any article I see.

• Maria in KY

September 19, 2023 at 2:57 pm

I haven’t gotten the pod cast bug yet, I don’t know why. I read everything the seems legitimate about PD. I don’t listen to books because my mind drifts and I am easily distracted. I love and read and read anything including the old cereal box but I have most of what I know from reading PD-related material. I love it is now more common to write about the seemingly endless list of PD symptoms and the possible non-medical but safe interventions to manage them.

Maria