Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Therapies and Medications Do you feel like your day is not your own?

• Do you feel like your day is not your own?

Posted by Deleted User on October 21, 2019 at 7:32 am

I find my day is ruled by what time I take my medications.  Do you feel the same?

Jo S. replied 4 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Jo S.

November 1, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Yup, totally. If I didn’t have my phone alarm, I’d be lost in terms of remembering when to take my meds. I always carry them (and my phone) with me, and I always make sure I have plenty of water when I leave the house. I definitely feel that my life — and esp. my meals — center around my meds.

• Karla Burkhart

November 5, 2019 at 9:25 am

I certainly feel that my day revolves about med times. I not only have to set alarms on my phone but I also have to time meals just right. Regular life has to fit that schedule.

• Jo S.

November 5, 2019 at 9:56 am

I totally agree, Karla. Sigh.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 1, 2019 at 5:53 pm

ahh, the good old days when taking drugs was fun … LOL

• Jo S.

November 2, 2019 at 4:48 pm

LOL!!!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 5, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Ditto 🙁

• Tahmy Moore

November 8, 2019 at 6:47 am

I find myself worrying about the end of my day (late dinner with husband’s business associates) at the beginning of my day.  All that worry creates anxiety that doesn’t help my symptoms and sometimes causes additional problematic situations in the beginning of my day.  Sometimes I feel like yelling, “I WANT OFF OF THIS MARY-GO-ROUND!”

• Jo S.

November 8, 2019 at 7:26 am

I hear ya, Tahmy. I find a similar phrase rattling around in my head a lot of the times. 🙂 Stress is the worst when it comes to exacerbating PD symptoms, but it’s really hard to avoid when life revolves around medication and meals (and everything else).