• jean-matthews

May 1, 2023 at 10:04 am

I had my DBS turned on on 2/3/23. Before it was turned on , I didn’t feel my PD was any worse, but I did have discomfort from the surgery. DBS changed my life, and is the best decision I ever made.

• mary-beth-skylis

May 3, 2023 at 9:24 am

Jean,

I think DBS was the best thing that happened to my dad, too. I’m so glad you’ve had positive results.

• mitchell-niese

May 2, 2023 at 9:39 pm

My main symptom, tremor, disappeared for few days but slowly returned as the brain swelling went down. I did sound totally
    drunk for week. But, overall nothing of a big concern.
    So happy for your fathers positive final result!

• mary-beth-skylis

May 3, 2023 at 9:24 am

Thanks for sharing, Mitchell!

Have you found DBS to be helpful for you?

• lisa-morales

May 3, 2023 at 11:58 am

Before having DBS in 2020 I had mild dragging of right foot, tremors, and stiffness. After DBS I now use a rollator because my balance is aweful.  I fall at least once per week.  I am going to try the duopa pump and see if that helps me. Any ideas?

• mary-beth-skylis

May 4, 2023 at 8:38 am

That sounds like a really difficult turn of events, Lisa. Have you had the chance to talk to your neurologist about your balance?

• pattil

May 5, 2023 at 8:48 am

I had DBS on one side in Dec 2022 and DBS on the other side March 2023.  The surgeries were done several months apart because my neuropsych eval said I may have mild to moderate dementia.  All other dementia tests were negative.  I had a programming appointment between the two surgeries and it was great.  My tremors were gone, I was able to roll over in bed, I could get up from a sitting position.  After the second surgery I’ve also had terrible balance problems.  I’ve fallen four times since the second surgery where as before I had no falls.  I’ve also developed apraxia of the eye where I keep wanting to close my eyes and have a hard time opening them.