Parkinson’s News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of Parkinson’s Day 3 of #30DaysOfPD: Parkinson’s Showed Me My Strength

• Day 3 of #30DaysOfPD: Parkinson’s Showed Me My Strength

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on April 4, 2022 at 8:30 pm

Gauri Khare was diagnosed at age 41. Refusing to believe her doctor, she carried on with her life. Three to four years passed and her symptoms had worsened. She was diagnosed once more and put on medications, but much to Gauri’s dismay, she couldn’t tolerate the side effects. Over time, physiotherapy sessions helped her regain her strength, and a great neurologist came along.

Gauri saw a ray of hope. She now sings classical vocals, draws three-foot diameter rangoli Indian folk art, drives a four-wheeler, dances, jogs on the treadmill, and more.

Gauri, you are incredible!

Now back to our PD Community: after your Parkinson’s diagnosis, did you find “your path” straight away? Or does your experience sound more like Gauri’s?

To read Gauri’s whole story, click here:

Our #30DaysOfPD initiative is running for the entire month of April. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PD. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

krukar replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • krukar

April 5, 2022 at 11:34 am

Jessie,
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s ‘officially’ 8/2020. I am 65.  That Gauri  has early on-set since the age of 41 is very difficult  yet she has hung in there. She has returned to her avocations in a way that are inspirational. For me the initial shock of naming my condition has subsided as I have adapted to ongoing struggle. But there are joys for me with my wife , friends and my cats. Rather than focus on the problem I am shifting my attention toward my solution. Gauri you are a fine example of  hope motivating solution. Blessings, Mike</p>