Parkinson’s News Forums Forums COVID-19 and Parkinson’s Are you worried about the latest Covid-19 surge?

Tagged: , ,

• Are you worried about the latest Covid-19 surge?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on September 4, 2023 at 11:32 am

Much of the nation is experiencing another COVID-19 surge. In Kentucky, some school districts have even paused operations due to a wave of sickness. While it doesn’t feel as extreme as previous surges, I wonder if there’s still reason for concern. 

Are you worried about the latest COVID-19 surge?

Thom replied 5 months, 1 week ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ally

October 3, 2023 at 4:31 pm

Hi Mary Beth, I am concerned, and got another booster toward the end of August out of an abundance of caution. Health care settings in Ontario are resuming mandatory masking in patient areas, and I’m seeing more and more people wearing masks in non-health care settings like church and the grocery store. COVID season coincides with cold and flu season here and I think folks are trying to protect themselves from ALL respiratory viruses, which is wise given the strain all health care systems are under right now. How are things looking in your area?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    November 17, 2023 at 10:37 am

yes, still worry…

• Sussan Thomas

November 18, 2023 at 3:49 pm

I worry only a bit. I think it’ll be fine in the end, but still…

• Thom

November 21, 2023 at 4:39 pm

I am more worried about the government and media blowing it up again. I was not seriously worried the first time and I am not worried this time.