Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Therapies and Medications Are you interested in natural medicine?

• Are you interested in natural medicine?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on December 12, 2022 at 9:24 am

I don’t have Parkinson’s, but I do have a chronic illness that often leaves me feeling frustrated and untreated. I’m a firm believer that nutrition and herbs make a difference in my life. The better I eat and the more that I move my body, the better I tend to feel. And I was curious about your experience with natural strategies. 

Are you interested in natural remedies?

Daniel Novak replied 1 year, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Bob

December 13, 2022 at 5:41 pm

I am very much interested in natural medicine. It was Hippocrates who said “Let food be thy medicine

and medicine be thy food” I would like to here more natural complimentary treatments for PD. Diet,

vitamins, minerals and herbs definitely play an important role in the well being of the human body.

• Daniel Novak

December 15, 2022 at 7:53 pm

Semantics can cause mental blocks at times. I.e. if I answer no, does that mean I am only interested in un-natural medicine?

And who could disagree with your comments?  [ that nutrition and herbs make a difference in my life. The better I eat and the more that I move my body, the better I tend to feel. ]

What question are we asking?

Yes, we exercise and eat fresh and avoid processed, but I still prefer my Ldopa in little pills that I can  measure vs the plant [I think] based alternative with the same active ingredient but dosing concerns.  ))

I realize that you are creating conversations and I appreciate that. But the word ‘natural’ may create confrontation instead of complementary thinking?