Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s A video with an interesting and entertaining perspective on PD

• A video with an interesting and entertaining perspective on PD

Posted by Deleted User on April 28, 2019 at 8:13 am

In 2006, Alexander Tressor, a ballet master and former Broadway dancer, was teaching his daily class at the  Steps on Broadway studio in New York City when he noticed an involuntary tremor in his right hand. He was 47  at the time, still demonstrating professional-level ballet combinations. “What on earth was that?” he remembers thinking. Six months later, after he had begun to have trouble walking, he got the devastating answer to that question when he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WDX0yvZa24

I loved this video and could so relate to his situation. Ironically, I had taken classes at the Steps Studio in the 1990s and early 2000s.

What did you think of this video?  Did you have a few smiles watching it?  Can you relate to what he says?

Deleted User replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Janice Hetke

April 30, 2019 at 5:31 pm

The video was entertaining.  I would add to his list, not to take yourself too seriously.  Not to become a martyr to this disease.  Yes, PD is a life changer, but it is not life threatening.  From my viewpoint, I have seen people far worse off than myself, and it makes me realize what a good life I have.   How can I say that and really mean it?  I can because I choose to believe it.  So, if you feel like life has dumped on you, shake off any defeatist attitude and find joy in your day.  It’s there.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 30, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Words of wisdom Janice. Thank you for sharing them..