• Have the Parkinsons News Forums been helpful?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on July 1, 2020 at 12:12 pm

I’ve been blown away by everyone’s engagement on the Parkinsons News Forums. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing so many intriguing questions and thought provoking ideas. And this phenomena has me wondering what your experience has been like with the forums too. Have the Parkinsons News Forums been helpful for you? What do you like or dislike about these virtual conversations?

Jo S. replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Toni Shapiro

September 5, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Yes, the forum has been very helpful. I have learned so much from others.  I greatly appreciate that I have a place to bring up things I may not tell my friends.  There have been so many ah ha! moments for me when I read that I share an issue with other posters. I don’t feel alone.  So thank you to all who makes this possible.

• Jo S.

September 8, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Toni’s post perfectly sums up my feelings. I appreciate having a place (that’s not Facebook) where we can talk about issues that only those who are affected by PD can understand. I am grateful to the people who have coordinated this for us and to all the participants — care partners and PWP alike.