Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Alternative Treatments Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral

• Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral

Posted by bolt-upright on July 21, 2021 at 7:40 am

(I should point out that I did not go to college and have no medical training)

Zeolite Clinoptilolite: Therapeutic Virtues of an Ancient Mineral
    Published online 2019 Apr 17. doi: 10.3390/molecules24081517

I admit, I am reaching here, but in my research over the last 4 months (since being diagnosed with RBD) these are all the things I have heard need to be addressed with PD:

1: Inflammation – ZC is anti-inflammatory.
    2: It is speculated there is/was a pathogen in our gut – ZC seems to take out heavy metals, molds, viruses, mycotoxins, and fungus. I’m not saying it is the best at this, but it seems to be pretty broad in its range of targets.
    3: It has been speculated that intestinal permeability is an issue for us – ZC tightens up the intestinal permeability (leaky gut).
    4: ZC is an antioxidant.
    5: ZC boosts Glutathione.
    6: ZC is able to reduce stress and improve sleep, producing a soothing effect in humans.
    7: PMA-ZC (tribomechanically activated zeolite clinoptilolite) is capable of improving the ecosystem of intestinal microbial flora.

“Based on the data collected on animal models and on a few clinical trials, it can be speculated that the general state of wellbeing generated by ZC, and in particular by TMAZ and PMA-ZC, is due to its detoxifying, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action in the intestine. Indeed, recent findings of the importance of the gut microbiome in the regulation of immunity and its interconnection with the central nervous system could at least partially explain the results obtained using animal models treated with PMA-ZC. ZC could purify the internal environment of our body, maintain gut microbiota homeostasis for healthy brain activity, improve the antioxidant and endogenous anti-inflammatory activities thereby improving the overall well being of the patient.”

Am I desperate? Yes.

Are there dangers? According to Sloan Kettering, yes: https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/zeolite

Did I order some ZC? Yes.

ZEOLITE PURE Original Zeolite Powder (400 Servings). It’s micronized from 0 to 40 microns so some will get into the blood and some will go to the gut. I’m not sure if it will pass the BBB.

bolt-upright replied 2 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • bolt-upright

August 2, 2021 at 7:05 pm

Now, this is an interesting study on Zeolite. As far as heavy metal detox, powdered Zeolite Clinoptilolite seems to be the best. Zeolite: Investigation of the Effectiveness and Safety as an Oral Chelating for Heavy Metals. A comparison between different commercially available preparations https://www.kmizeolite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Zeolite-and-Human-Detoxification.pdf