Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Would you like to be featured for Parkinson’s Awareness Month?

• Would you like to be featured for Parkinson’s Awareness Month?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on March 18, 2020 at 6:01 am

Hi Everyone! The month of April is Parkinson’s Awareness Month. And Parksinon’s News Today is interested in featuring a few people on social media and within our forums. We’re looking for caregivers and patients who would be willing to tell us a little bit about their story. What has your journey been like? And what have some up the highs and lows looked like?

If you’re interested in participating, please comment here or reach out to me directly. I’d love to use this as an opportunity to shed some light on Parkinson’s. And I can’t do it without you 🙂

STEVEN OPPEN replied 4 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • STEVEN OPPEN

March 19, 2020 at 1:50 pm

Dear Mary Beth,

If you still need people, I would be happy to participate. I’m an active 73 year old PD patient, fighting to stay as well as I possibly can. Diagnosed in 2013, I have had several experiences during the last 6+ years that have made me re-assess what I want to do with the rest of my life. Lost my wife to bile duct cancer in 2017 – does it get any worse than that? Experienced a significant rebound a year later when I met Jane, the second love of my life.

I have some thoughts about how PD patients and their caregivers need to find purpose in their lives, and I would like to share some of my opinions with my fellow PD ‘ers.

Be well,

Steve