• Worst case scenario

Posted by Dawn on December 4, 2018 at 4:41 am

Good morning.

My husband goes for his DAT report tomorrow morning. Within the last year, maybe less, we as well as folks that are around us in a not so daily basis, have seen a digress in my husband’s abilities.

Loss of smell, minimal use of right hand and arm most times, Internal tremors, balance loss, has to lead with his left leg vs right, or he will fall. Lagging, mask face, attitude.

This being said, his uncle is on the down side of these same symptoms, but is a glioblastoma tumor patient that’s lossing his battle. My husband asked me if there’s a chance he is following after his uncle and possibly grandfather.. what are the chances???

Deleted User replied 5 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 4, 2018 at 6:04 am

hi Dawn, I am so sorry to hear what you and your family are dealing with.  I wish I could give you some advice or words of wisdom.  I was diagnosed with PD in 2015 at age 61. I am in early stages; extreme fatigue, bradykinesia, poor fine motor skills, mostly on left side.  I had a datscan in august this year.  It was a real eye opener to see that my brain was not lit up like it was supposed to be 🙁   My mom had glioblastoma, so it is always in the back of my mind that there is a weakness in the brain in my family.

I can say that the best thing that has helped me in my PD journey is Rock Steady Boxing and exercise in general.  Also, acceptance of my situation was a turning point for  me.  See my blog about this: https://slippedawayblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/26/acceptance-gratitude-and-attitude/

I wish you and your husband all the best.  Please don’t despair.