Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris Clark
      Participant

This week I came up with an idea to help me with my worsening freezing Gate issue.
      This may sound strange and simplistic, but if I wear only one shoe it cuts down on my gate freezing by about 80-90%. I was not having any issue while going up or down the stairs so I was trying to think of something to occupy my brain while walking as this was possibly what was helping me on the stairs. Mind you it has only been about 5 days I have tried this but WOW what an instant relief. My PD started on my right side and this may work a like better with the one shoe on the right foot. Also I have just tried wearing two different shoes too and this seems to help a lot also. Now I can wear two different shoes to ACME!
      Please let me know if this helps any one with their walking at all.

Christine Pratt
      Participant

I do the same thing!!  And I also found that putting something the floor helps me raise my feet to step over and if I do this for a few steps it helps me get back to a normal gait.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for sharing. I was wondering what was changing in our brains when we take the shoe off. It is remarkable.
      I can now get to the bathroom quicker in the middle of the night.
      Heather Sinclair

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account