Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s What new skills have you learned in 2020?

• What new skills have you learned in 2020?

Posted by Ally on December 8, 2020 at 12:52 pm

2020 is almost over! Whew! To quote a popular meme, I am not interested in buying a planner for 2021 until I see the trailer – LOL.

All jokes aside, 2020 has been a challenging year on many levels and it forced all of us to grow and develop new skills. For example, my parents had never used Zoom before this year and now every time I talk to them, it’s on a video call! Personally, I had to improve my skill of separating work from my personal life. My living room and office are now one and the same, and it was hard turning my work brain off at the end of each day. That meant I started to burn out early into the pandemic but I’ve got a better handle on things now.

What about you? What new skills have you learned this year? Which skills have you developed? What motivated you? What do you hope to learn or develop in 2021?

Paul Hojuson replied 3 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    December 16, 2020 at 11:41 am

Digital photography has become a new hobby I live close to a state park it’s a perfect place to photograph nature very peaceful.

• Paul Hojuson

December 18, 2020 at 8:45 am

This has been a very creative year intellectually. I’ve written 2 books to teach my grandkids about art and have started to learn to paint with acrylics. My PK symptoms have gotten much worse and have taken up Tai Chi to help with balance issues. I had been very physically active but everything has gotten worse so as a last resort Thai Chai has my attention. PT only made matters worse.