This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Have you had DBS performed?  If so, please share your experiences, if not, are you considering it?  Why?

chuck 
    Participant

I’m considering it. Meds have no effect on my tremor. I really don’t want to have to get this though. I’ll put it off as long as possible.   To tell the truth I’m scared stiff and afraid of the possibilities.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

hi chuck,  i hear you about your fear.  the thought of any type of operation is frightening.  however, someone in my support group had DBS and she has said her life has changed dramatically for the better.  here is a link to her video: https://www.facebook.com/melissa.hahn.5/videos/1711763382220724/

Lou Hevly 
    Participant

Spooky. A little remote control box that uuppers and lowers your symptoms. But this is easy to say when you’re in the initial stages and you don’t have serious movement issues. I may well change my mind as time goes on.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Lou, I agree, however as you say, as time passes, I may change my mind depending on  how my PD progresses.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account