Tagged: 

• chuck172

February 18, 2019 at 6:43 am

I’m considering it. Meds have no effect on my tremor. I really don’t want to have to get this though. I’ll put it off as long as possible.   To tell the truth I’m scared stiff and afraid of the possibilities.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    February 18, 2019 at 6:54 am

hi chuck,  i hear you about your fear.  the thought of any type of operation is frightening.  however, someone in my support group had DBS and she has said her life has changed dramatically for the better.  here is a link to her video: https://www.facebook.com/melissa.hahn.5/videos/1711763382220724/

• lou-hevly

February 27, 2019 at 10:18 am

Spooky. A little remote control box that uuppers and lowers your symptoms. But this is easy to say when you’re in the initial stages and you don’t have serious movement issues. I may well change my mind as time goes on.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      February 27, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Lou, I agree, however as you say, as time passes, I may change my mind depending on  how my PD progresses.

• ralf-muller

November 15, 2021 at 10:55 am

Habe vor 2 Jahren die DBS Deep Brain Stimulation durchführen lassen. Bin zufrieden mit der Wirkung, muss nur noch ein Drittel der Medikamente nehmen. Der Tremor ist fast komplett weg.

Super Technik!

Ralf Müller