Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s What are you grateful for today?

• What are you grateful for today?

Posted by Deleted User on May 13, 2019 at 7:30 am

I am grateful I can still live independently.  How about you, what are you grateful for today?

Deleted User replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • ally

May 13, 2019 at 9:26 am

I am grateful to be alive! It sounds cliche and some days are definitely harder than others, but every morning when I wake up I try to thank God immediately for giving me the gift of another day on earth.

I’m also grateful for my wonderful parents and family, my amazing friends and the opportunity to live in a beautiful and safe country. I really do feel like the luckiest person alive!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 13, 2019 at 11:15 am

beautifully said Ally!

• jo-elmblad

May 30, 2019 at 9:23 am

I am grateful for the continuing ability to do what I want to do physically, even tho I may have to do it a little slower.  So far, balance and gait are not a problem for me. It makes such a difference to be able to move around at a decent speed and pace. I give credit to my Jazzercize classes for helping me stay stable and active.

• ally

May 30, 2019 at 11:05 am

Thanks for sharing, Jo. How long have you been doing Jazzercise? Have you always enjoyed dancing for exercise or is this a new hobby?

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    May 30, 2019 at 1:40 pm

I’m thankful for everyday I’m still independent and able to go for walks and enjoy God’s beauty.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      May 30, 2019 at 1:53 pm

yes, for me, independence is something to be truly grateful for..