This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

Short of installing a forklift in my bedroom, does anyone have any solutions to ease rolling over in bed?   Do you have this symptom?  If so, do you have any recommendations for how to compensate?  I wear satin pajamas which helps, but I am looking for some other ideas.

Debra L Bomaster 
    Participant

My physical therapist and I addressed this in LSVT Big.  I put both hands together extend my arms and swing the arms to the other side.  Much better than what I was doing, sitting up in bed to turn over to my left side.

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

thank you Debra!  that is very helpful.  the little things we always took for granted…

laura seymour 
    Participant

I kind of do the “hospital roll” that I learned when I had my back surgery. I kind of prop myself up with my elbows until I get where I need to be. However, for at least 2 years I can’t lie on my right side – it’s too painful at the time and then after I get out of bed. Not fun!

Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

thanks laura for sharing.   the thing that gets me is that it disturbs my sleep when i have to focus on how i change position.  it is almost like getting out of bed for me.  then i cant fall back to sleep so easily. lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account