• Trouble rolling over in bed?

Posted by Deleted User on July 6, 2019 at 8:17 am

Short of installing a forklift in my bedroom, does anyone have any solutions to ease rolling over in bed?   Do you have this symptom?  If so, do you have any recommendations for how to compensate?  I wear satin pajamas which helps, but I am looking for some other ideas.

Deleted User replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • debra-l-bomaster

July 9, 2019 at 8:31 am

My physical therapist and I addressed this in LSVT Big.  I put both hands together extend my arms and swing the arms to the other side.  Much better than what I was doing, sitting up in bed to turn over to my left side.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    July 9, 2019 at 3:24 pm

thank you Debra!  that is very helpful.  the little things we always took for granted…

• laura-seymour

August 31, 2019 at 2:54 am

I kind of do the “hospital roll” that I learned when I had my back surgery. I kind of prop myself up with my elbows until I get where I need to be. However, for at least 2 years I can’t lie on my right side – it’s too painful at the time and then after I get out of bed. Not fun!

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    August 31, 2019 at 12:01 pm

thanks laura for sharing.   the thing that gets me is that it disturbs my sleep when i have to focus on how i change position.  it is almost like getting out of bed for me.  then i cant fall back to sleep so easily. lol