Tagged: 

• jlo355

January 25, 2022 at 3:04 pm

I’ve tried a variety of acupuncture treatments but didn’t notice any changes so no longer get those.

• Ray Birk

January 27, 2022 at 10:00 am

I had lower back pain for years until I went to an acupuncturist.  I had immediate relief and I continue to see him weekly. When I first saw him he asked if I wanted to try his Chinese medicene.  I told him I would have to know what chemicals might be used because I was afraid of a chemical conflict. He declined and I declined. Since then my freezing gait has gotten very bad. He has seen my condition worsen over the last two years but he has never brought it up again …making me think I made a good decision.

• emelita-go

April 10, 2022 at 12:36 pm

Yes, it is working for me.  I started every week for 5 months then changed to bi weekly. It improved my tremor and other stress in my body.

• john-v-twork

January 27, 2022 at 5:28 pm

I  learned, several years ago, about the use of acupuncture as a treatment technique primarily for dealing with chronic pain. There is, however, a considerable amount of literature dealing with acupuncture as a primary method in the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease as well. After some discussion with the certified acupuncture instructors, it was decided to conduct some preliminary testing and, if these tests proved promising, to expand the testing.

The actual procedures in the treatment were fairly straight forward and required roughly 30 – 45 min. The instructor places about 10 to 12 small diameter needles in predetermined locations in the patient. One or more of these needles can then be connected to a low-voltage power supply. The patient during this phase of treatment the patient is typically lying down and once the needles have been removed will sit back up.
    In my initial test the result was short time elimination of all my PD symptoms (balance, freeze up, and stiffness) for about 20-30 min only to return. Subsequent testing following relocation of the needles yielded the same results.
    I’ve asked several neurologists if they could explain why an entirely different treatment method could provide the same result as the pharma (i.e., carbidopa/levidopa) and none of them had a ready answer.

• krukar

April 12, 2022 at 2:23 pm

In 2 hours I will go for my 3rd accupuncture treatment. So far so good. My intention is to continue this treatment. For me in my struggle I prefer this natural strategy rather than more C/L.  I am currently taking 6 pills per day and at 65 my hope is to not increase my dose. I do daily exercise and try to eat right. The way I figure it God has provided me with natural strategies. Accupuncture is just the newest vehicle. Blessings, Mike

• Ray Birk

June 23, 2022 at 3:20 pm

Krukar,  After 2 more months, what is your conclusion on accupuncture?  Thank you ..

• keepy

March 24, 2023 at 2:33 pm

I have RBD and saw a NIH study using Yokukansan (Yi Gan San) for RBD.  I started using it in June 2022 and my night terrors have decreased by 90+-%.  Since starting it I have stopped it 3 different occasions and each time the night terrors have returned.  Obviously not a cure, but I sleep much longer and much better.

• charlotte-amberger

March 25, 2023 at 8:37 am

Jane, can you say more?  What is RBD?  Where did you find the QiJong moves?  Can you share your resources?

Thanks!

Char A