This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  George Kapetanakis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Forum Moderator 
    Keymaster

Felodipine, an approved blood pressure medication, was able to induce clearance of toxic protein aggregates in a mouse model of Parkinson’s, a study says. Read more about Felodipine here.

What do you think about this news?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

That’s great news. I am surprised that people are not all over this.

George Kapetanakis 
      Participant

Plendil is a Calcium Blocker. M J Fox site just announced that a 3 year old phase 3 study of another Calcium Blocker called Isradipine was called off because it was not showing any results. Does that mean that Plendil is now out? Who knows. Hopefully we’ll find out soon.

Lou Hevly 
    Participant

Interesting. So a cooperative doctor could prescribe Plendil for us tomorrow, then we could see if it worked. Since it has been approved as safe, we would just have to check the contraindications and drug interactions, and if these were negative, what would we have to lose?

Is there a cooperativedoctors.org out there?

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

I often wonder if there is not enough money to be made for a cure or treatment, would it be something made available to those who suffer?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

And now it’s another treatment with Intranasal Insulin for PD.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Hi George, I am not sure I understand your last comment. COuld you please clarify?

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

Yes of course. It was on today’s news from this site. Treatment with Intranasal Insulin May Improve Verbal Fluency and Motor Function, Early Study Shows

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Thank you George for clarifying… SO much to read, so little ime…:-)

George Kapetanakis 
    Participant

No problem Jean. Take care.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account