Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Parkinson’s Treatment Therapies and Medications Nuplazid claim about hallucinations

• Nuplazid claim about hallucinations

Posted by Deleted User on September 2, 2018 at 9:00 am

A Nuplazid commercial  claims over 50% of people living with Parkinson’s will experience hallucinations or delusions over the course of their disease.  I think this is a frightening commercial and I believe it creates unnecessary anxiety and fear with PD patients and their caregivers.   What do you think of this kind of advertising?  Have you experienced hallucinations?

Deleted User replied 5 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Robert West

November 17, 2018 at 5:07 am

Yes, it does create unnecessary anxiety. My brother is also suffering from the same and it really becomes difficult to take him to hospital everytime he get conscious. Thus after consulting a doctor and experts, we decided to buy original Medicare insurance (https://www.thehealthexchangeagency.com/original-medicare-part-a-b/) under which we got the home nursing facility for him. This proved to be quite convenient as after this step, he was taken care under an expert nursing faculty all the time.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      November 17, 2018 at 6:17 am

Robert, thank you for sharing your experience.  I am glad you found a good treatment and care option for your brother.It must b e comforting for you both that he is under good care now.  Having s progressive, incurable disease like PD creates so many uncertainties for those who suffer.  Knowing one has a good facility to live in with good caretakers is a gift.