• leg pain at night

Posted by cricket on July 18, 2024 at 7:47 pm

Does anyone’s loved one suffer from leg pain at night that interferes with sleep? And if so, can you describe the symptoms your LO is experiencing? Thanks.

Tammy replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kristi LaMonica

July 23, 2024 at 4:20 pm

I’m the one with Parkinson’s and I get terrible pain at night. It is really hard to describe the pain, but only carbidopa levodopa makes it bearable. I take Gabapentin in the evening and my legs get real tight if I’m late!

• Pamela

July 23, 2024 at 4:25 pm

Me too. It is especially strong pain behind my knees on both sides. My Rytary dosage, heated blanket wrapped around them, and sleep seemed to the only things that helps at all.

• Tammy

July 23, 2024 at 5:31 pm

Very hard to sleep. Very heavy thighs, especially right thigh. It’s like a magnet to the bed. They ache consistently. Sometimes it’s more uncomfortable and sometimes it’s not that uncomfortable, but on a scale from 1-5, 5 being at it’s worst, It is always a 3-5. No doctor has heard of this. Not my general doctor, internal medicine doctor, movement disorder doctor or the chiropractor. I’m at a loss and can’t believe others on here have finally talked about it. Tried leg massagers/compressors, bought an adjustable bed, magnesium gel, pain meds, compression socks, nothing makes it better. It used to be just when I got in bed, but now I have it throughout the day, just worst at night, I guess since no distraction? From all my research, mine is not RLS.