Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression How do you manage Parkinson ’s-related stiffness?

• How do you manage Parkinson ’s-related stiffness?

Posted by Mary Beth Skylis on April 2, 2024 at 12:23 pm

One of the symptoms that keeps my dad from going about his day is general stiffness. He’s been struggling with this symptom for a long time, and he stretches and participates in group classes to target issues like this. But it still impacts him. 

How do you manage Parkinson ’s-related stiffness? Do you find that it’s consistent all week, or that it changes each day?

GrandpopBubbles replied 4 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Eve L Howard

April 2, 2024 at 3:20 pm

Hi, I take 4 magnesium @2000 mg / day, don’t sit too long, especially on hard chair, (keep moving), stretches, light on alcohol. It’s a tough one to keep at bay.

• GrandpopBubbles

April 2, 2024 at 6:30 pm

Thanks for that answer, Eve. I am wondering if my back pain, muscle strain in back right side, or the stiffness in my upper legs are from PD or just soreness from not being as strong as I was… come to think of it, maybe my muscle weekness is part of PD. I am knew to the diagnosis (8/2024) but now think I have had it 5 years or so.

Since I have retired, I bring giant “Free Bubble Festivals” to towns and cities. Making giant bubbles and getting kids to do, too, always lubes my back and legs, though! … https://www.facebook.com/GrandpopBubbles/photos.