Tagged: 

• Mary Beth Skylis

May 12, 2023 at 1:02 pm

Hi Jon,

My dad was diagnosed in 2013, and I haven’t heard him say anything about the heat. But I have a hard time tolerating it. Do you find that it impacts your symptoms?

• J. Gottlob

May 12, 2023 at 3:13 pm

I get very weak and I can’t walk.

W

• J. Gottlob

May 12, 2023 at 3:13 pm

I get very weak and I can’t walk.

• neurodoc

August 9, 2023 at 8:52 am

All neurological diseases degenerative or otherwise like multiple sclerosis are getting worse with the heat.Its the dysregulation of temperature in the brain.Try keeping cool.Personally as a doctor,I never change my treatment regime in the summer.

• bonita usinger

May 14, 2023 at 4:34 pm

speaking for my husband, he wants only the lightest of blanket covering body fromknees down when sleeping,always complaining about heat!

• J. Gottlob

May 14, 2023 at 5:28 pm

I sleep with a weighted blanket pretty much year round ( in Michigan ) with no problem.  It is the heat outside that gets me.

• Brenda Reese

May 16, 2023 at 2:41 pm

My husband has Parkinson’s disease. He cannot tolerate the outdoor heat either. He just “wilts”. He has to come back into the house in the air conditioning.   In the winter, he gets too cold. Sometimes, I am content with the indoor temperature and he is either cold OR hot! The neurologist says that goes with Parkinson’s disease impact on the sympathetic nervous system. No suggestions were given on how to handle outdoor heat. 😟

• Frederick FOREMAN

August 3, 2023 at 4:50 pm

If I am outside on a hot day I need to move inside because I start to get anxious and lose my BALANCE! My spouse believes that excessive outdoor heat exacerbates my symptoms to the point where she will insist that I move inside.

• Jeffery Hill

August 9, 2023 at 4:48 pm

I’ve hated the heat since long before Parkinson’s.  Anything over 25C makes me uncomfortable and saps my energy.  Love the cold because you can adjust simply by dressing.  I’m thankful that I live in Canada!

• Sherman Paskett

August 10, 2023 at 3:42 pm

I live in the Phoenix area and the heat is unbearable this time of year. My back is covered with sweat after standing outside in the sun for five minutes — doing nothing!

this is just one more of the many symptoms of PD. There doesn’t seem to be anything to do about it. I wear shorts and peel off my shirt when in the house. Outdoor activities are on hold until October.

• Tom

August 14, 2023 at 9:51 am

I find the heat intolerable.  I’ve always had heavy perspiration but since my pd diagnosis I can start sweating as soon as I leave the house.  Fatigue follows closely and I don’t fall but flop myself down in the grass to rest and recoup. This led to a diagnosis of orthostatic hypotension which exacerbates the heat issue.  I now have to pay someone to take care of outside chores.  I find it difficult to walk in the heat.  Can’t wait for Fall.