This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jean Mellano 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     Jean Mellano 
    Keymaster

My Dr. prescribed Neupro patch to go along with the 25/100 Sinemet I am taking (6 pills per day).  Are you using Neupro? If so, what dose; is it in conjunction with other PD meds; is it helping you?

https://parkinsonsnewstoday.com/parkinsons-disease-treatments/motor-symptoms/neupro-patches-rotigotine/?amp

Mike P 
    Participant

I am starting Neupro (rotigotine) tomorrow with a 2mg patch for the next two weeks. I’ll report back my experiences.

I had visual disturbance side effects with low doses of both Mirapex (pramipexole) and Requip (ropinirole) where I’d see flashing lights upon waking.

I had to taper off ropinirole after 3 mg total daily.

I had to taper off pramipexole after 1.5 mg total daily.

I think it’s likely that I’ll have similar side effects with Neupro (rotigotine) but we shall see. My neurologist wants me to give all the dopamine agonists a try before generic sinemet.

Mike P 
    Participant

On the very first night of the 2mg Neupro patch, I had the same visual disturbances I had with low doses of both Mirapex (pramipexole) and Requip (ropinirole).

After being in a deep sleep I see flashing lights upon waking (2am, 3am, 4:30am) that slowly dissipate. They were more intense than they were with the previous dopamine agonists. Argh! I’ll give it another week to see if my body adjusts to the medication.

Jean Mellano 
      Keymaster

Mike

i am sorry to hear of your struggles.  Such is our lot having PD, endless “try this, if that doesn’t work, try this or add this to it”.  I came off the patch a few months ago, although I didn’t have side effects, I also don’t think it was doing anything for me.  Ropinerole made me deathly nauseated within 30 minutes of taking it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account