• mike-p

August 27, 2019 at 3:05 pm

I am starting Neupro (rotigotine) tomorrow with a 2mg patch for the next two weeks. I’ll report back my experiences.

I had visual disturbance side effects with low doses of both Mirapex (pramipexole) and Requip (ropinirole) where I’d see flashing lights upon waking.

I had to taper off ropinirole after 3 mg total daily.

I had to taper off pramipexole after 1.5 mg total daily.

I think it’s likely that I’ll have similar side effects with Neupro (rotigotine) but we shall see. My neurologist wants me to give all the dopamine agonists a try before generic sinemet.

• mike-p

September 21, 2019 at 10:07 am

On the very first night of the 2mg Neupro patch, I had the same visual disturbances I had with low doses of both Mirapex (pramipexole) and Requip (ropinirole).

After being in a deep sleep I see flashing lights upon waking (2am, 3am, 4:30am) that slowly dissipate. They were more intense than they were with the previous dopamine agonists. Argh! I’ll give it another week to see if my body adjusts to the medication.

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      September 21, 2019 at 5:27 pm

Mike

i am sorry to hear of your struggles.  Such is our lot having PD, endless “try this, if that doesn’t work, try this or add this to it”.  I came off the patch a few months ago, although I didn’t have side effects, I also don’t think it was doing anything for me.  Ropinerole made me deathly nauseated within 30 minutes of taking it.