Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Living ​With​ ​Parkinson’s Symptoms and Progression Have you experienced ‘freezing’ since your PD diagnosis? How did it manifest itself?

• Have you experienced ‘freezing’ since your PD diagnosis? How did it manifest itself?

Posted by Deleted User on June 20, 2018 at 9:00 am

I have had only one ‘freezing’ episode.  I had just finished a bike ride and un-clipped my right foot from the pedal and went to un-clip the left foot.  The message I was trying to get my brain to send to my left foot was not connecting.  My left foot stopped moving, no matter how much I focused on trying to wiggle it out of the pedal, the foot wasn’t budging.

So, there I stood, in the middle of the road, leaning over my bike, one foot on the ground and one foot stuck on the pedal, trying to figure out how I was going to get myself out of this predicament. I don’t recall how long I was there, but eventually, I did ‘defrost’ and was able to un-clip my left foot.

Read more about my freezing episode at: https://slippedawayblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/15/frozen/

Please share a ‘freezing’ experience you have had.

replied 5 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.