Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean Mellano
      Participant

23andme joined The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) as a partner on Fox Insight, an online study designed to collect data from Parkinson’s patients to inform research and drug development.

https://www.23andme.com/pd/

I took advantage of the free DNA testing offered as part of this program and discovered I do NOT have the LRRK2 and GBA gene variants that might indicate a pre-disposition to PD.

Have you done genetic testing in an effort to see if you have these variants?

Mike P
      Participant

Hi Jean. I just enrolled in this study and am awaiting my kit. My MDS previously tested me for GBA (negative). I’ll report back if any come back positive.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

thanks for sharing Mike.  Would love to see you post your results..

Jo S.
      Participant

I enrolled in the study, and although my DNA would point to my being a highly likely candidate for these variants, my results were negative. However, there are several other variants that similar companies test for — and that 23andme should also be testing for — so hopefully they will do so in the near future.

Jean Mellano
        Participant

Jo, from your lips to Gods ears…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account