Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Elaine Droz
      Participant

I’m a 76 year old woman who has had PD for about two years now. The most problematic issues I’ve experienced are fatigue and brain fog. I also have some tremors. I’ve tried Sinemet for months, but it seemed to cause more problems (e.g., dyskinesia) than it helped with. I’ve been taking LDN for a little over a month now, so still assessing that.

My questions are:
      1 – Has anyone found anything that has worked to reduce fatigue or brain fog?
      2 – Has anyone tried LDN, and if so, what results have you experienced?
      3 – Does anyone have positive experiences with any alternatives to Sinemet?
      4 – Has anyone tried HIFU/MRgFUS for PD Tremors?
      5 – Has anyone tried the experimental glove treatment for tremors?

Thank you!

Bert Shure
      Participant

Hi Elaine:

I switched to Rytary because of brain fog and afternoon fatigue.

My wife hated it when I would doze off while talking to her in the early afternoon.

I feel that it reduced brain fog as well.

It is a lot more expensive than generic Sinemet, but it works.

I reread your email, and I’ll take a stab at your questions.

My questions are:
      1 – Has anyone found anything that has worked to reduce fatigue or brain fog? Yes, Rytary
      2 – Has anyone tried LDN, and if so, what results have you experienced? No.
      3 – Does anyone have positive experiences with any alternatives to Sinemet? Yes, Rytary.
      4 – Has anyone tried HIFU/MRgFUS for PD Tremors? No.
      5 – Has anyone tried the experimental glove treatment for tremors? No.

Cheers,

Bert

Sherman Paskett
      Participant

For years I have taken Sinemet (carbidopa/levodopa) and Rasageline but last year I was in a fog all the time and struggled to stay awake during the day. The C/L dosage was not sufficient to control the tremor but left me in dyskinesia about 6 hours a day. Off time had grown to 2 hours out of every 4, so about 8 hours a day. The Dr. added Amantadine to the cocktail a few months ago and it is as if the PD clock has been turned back 5 to 8 years.

Sinamet is the gold standard for PD treatment. Rytary is still just carbidopa/levodopa (e.g. Sinamet) in a time-release form. Why it is so horribly expensive is a mystery. Not familiar with LDN. Anyway, Amantadine solved my problem,

Amantadine is added when the C/L dose becomes high enough to introduce dyskinesia before effectively treating tremor. It eliminated off time for me and I rarely notice tremor anymore. I have some mild dyskinesia sometimes in the afternoon, but mostly the PD symptoms are gone. So, you might ask your Dr. if you could give Amantadine a whirl along with your regular C/L dose.

Kathleen Ernst
      Participant

Hi Elaine
      I have not tried any prescription medications other than Sinemet. I did however start taking a prebiotic/probiotic/postbiotic after reading articles about PD and gut health and brain fog. I still have brain fog but not as severe and I’m now on Duloxetine for depression which has increased some energy even though I still struggle with fatigue. The thing that helps me most with fatigue is pacing myself/taking a lot of breaks—I’ll set timers as a reminder to take my breaks.

Kathleen Ernst
      Participant

Hi Elaine
      I have not tried any prescription medications other than Sinemet. I did however start taking a prebiotic/probiotic/postbiotic after reading articles about PD and gut health and brain fog. I still have brain fog but not as severe and I’m now on Duloxetine for depression which has increased some energy even though I still struggle with fatigue. The thing that helps me most with fatigue is pacing myself/taking a lot of breaks—I’ll set timers as a reminder to take my breaks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2023 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account