Parkinson’s News Forums Forums Family and ​Caregivers​ Extreme Nausea – How to control it?

Tagged: 

• Extreme Nausea – How to control it?

Posted by ajitpal-thind on April 19, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Dear Members,

Greetings and hope you all are doing well. This is regarding my mother who is suffering from Parkinson’s and as a primary caregiver, I have been monitoring and controlling her symptoms but recently her nausea is getting worse and nothing seems to be working out. We live in India and the doctor has prescribed Zussanil DSR

which consists of domperidone and supposedly control nausea and vomiting in Parkinson’s patients. Currently, she is on 275 Mg of Levodopa and Carbidopa dose 4 times a day.

Another non-motor symptom is extreme unexplained pain below the waist most commonly in both the legs, we have had tried giving the over-the-counter pain killers and also used the topical creams but nothing seems to be working out.

Any help would be appreciated regarding above 2 symptoms.

Thanks

AJ

Deleted User replied 5 years ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Deleted User

Deleted User
    April 19, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Ajitpal

I am sorry your mother is struggling with her symptoms.  I am not a health professional so I cannot advise you.  Are you able to see another neurologist for a second opinion?  From a holistic perspective, I have found peppermint oil helps me for nausea and headaches.

• ajitpal-thind

April 19, 2019 at 10:21 pm

Dear Jean,

Thanks for reverting back. Yes, we have had the 2nd opinion from doctors and from last 3-4 months, she has been stable but recently from last 15-20 days symptoms of nausea and vomiting have gone really bad. I have contacted the primary doctor and he has made some adjustments in medicine but nothing seems to be working out. Can you help me reach out to the wider audience in this forum or help me spread the message across the community? Maybe someone can help?

Thanks

Aj

• Deleted User

Deleted User
      April 20, 2019 at 7:50 am

hi Ajitpal, There are over 200 people registered on this forum and I hope someone can share some positive experiences with you.