• Ron Lusk

June 1, 2023 at 1:56 pm

I started having problems about a year after PD diagnosis.  Depends has really helped.  For meds, I take  Gemtesa at night for bladder control and for high bp and kidney  I take Lasix in the morning.  The result is I lose ground until noon, change to a new pair of depends and I’m mostly dry until the next morning when I take Lasx.

• BobD

June 1, 2023 at 2:26 pm

I have a very enlarged prostate and can’t travel more than a half hour without a bathroom. My urologist tried many drugs, but nothing works. He wants to do prostate surgery (TURP), but I am concerned that it may not work due to the Parkinson’s disease. Anyomene do the surgery?

• Steve Lloyd-Davies

July 16, 2023 at 2:20 am

Talk to the urologist about aquablation, a newer technique for removal of part of the prostate via the urethra. Much better control and less bleeding than older TURP techniques.

• Steve Lloyd-Davies

July 16, 2023 at 11:09 am

The ePocrates medication app warns about caution with oxybutynin in PD due to constipation and other complications, such as worsening of glaucoma, which is more common in the elderly population.  Again, the Myrbetriq from DiscountDrugsCanada.com is about $.53 per pill and seems to work fine.

• Robert Bussolari

June 1, 2023 at 2:41 pm

I am a 95 year old man.  I was diagnosed with PD 3 years ago.  Since then I have had more of a problem of having to get up to pee at night.  I started to take 1000 mg of pumpkin seed oil and 300 mg of Saw Palmeadow.  I now only get up 2 or 3 times at night.  I was getting up as much as 6 or7 times at night before.  My wife had read something about a chemical that helps this problem and the research showed that this chemical compound is found in pumpkinseed oil.  I told a friend about it and he had a similar success with it!  Try it!

• Donna K

June 27, 2023 at 6:30 pm

I was diagnosed 1.5 yrs ago. I have urgency for pee and poo. It’s not frequent enough to wear a pad, but there are wardrobe changes about once a week.

• Robert Bussolari

June 30, 2023 at 2:19 pm

I am a 95 year old man and I have a effective solution (sort of ) for urinary control.  The NIH has reported studies that show some significant success with urinary control by taking Pumpkinseed oil.  I was diagnosed with PD 3 years ago, but my Neurologist said that I probably had it for 10 or 15 years but is was kept low level because of my very active lifestyle.  Of course it is hard to distinguish between PD and age related symptoms.  I did start to have to get up more often at night, sometimes 5 or 6 times.  After taking 1000 mg of Pumpkinseed oil and 450 mg of Saw Palmetto for a few weeks, I was getting up only 1,2,or 3 times per night.  This has worked for about a year now.  I told a friend who was 86 and had PD and a urinary problem and he had the same success that I had.  Try it, it is safe and inexpensive .

Page 2 of 2